Monday, September 28, 2009

Quotes: Passion and Purity 3

Even more quotes from Elisabeth Elliot's book, Passion and Purity:

"Lord, I have said the eternal Yes. Let me never, having put my hand to the plough, look back. Make straight the way of the Cross before me. Give me love, that there may be no room for a wayward thought or step."

"By trying to grab fulfillment everywhere, we find it nowhere."


"The Lord told King David to set up an altar on the threshing floor that belonged to Araunah the Jebusite. When the king asked Araunah if he might buy it, Araunah begged him to take it, as a gift, along with his oxen for an offering and the threshing sledges for fuel. "No," said the king, "...I will not offer to the Lord my God whole-offereings that have cost me nothing..." Lord, I said, here's my heart."

No comments:

Post a Comment