Friday, September 25, 2009

Quotes: Passion and Purity

Over the next few days or so, I'm going to post some of my favorite quotes from one of my favorite books, Passion and Purity: Learning to Bring Your Love Life Under Christ's Control by Elisabeth Elliot. There's a lot of good stuff in it. And while I've come to hate dating books, this doesn't qualify as a dating book in my mind. I think the subtitle should be, Learning to Bring Your Whole Life (including your love life) Under Christ's Control. Haha. It's really a book about trusting God's plans and God's timing for your future.

Without further ado, here's the first quote that I love:

"What kind of a God is it who asks everything of us? The same God who '...did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all; and with this gift how can he fail to lavish upon us all he has to give?' He gives all. He asks all."

No comments:

Post a Comment